Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband has left to go with anther woman and say he does

Customer Question

My husband has left to go with anther woman and say he does not want anything from the home the house is paid for and he wants the children to have the house and is willing for them to have is half of the house if we divorce could he try and take my half of the house
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you are married you are both entitled to seek financial relief from the other which will include a claim against the house. To further assist you please confirm:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-How old are the children and proposed arrangements for them?
-What is the value of the property, and what is the outstanding mortgage?
-Who is now living in the property?
-Whose name is ***** ***** in?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?