13262538

I have relocated to Northern Ireland with my children from

Customer Question

Hi I have relocated to Northern Ireland with my children from West Sussex we were nearly at an agreement over flights cost etc I have been using a solicitor however I am now representing myself. I would like to know if my husband (childrens step father) is legally required to pay part or all of the children's flights. He does not have Parental responsibility or any sort of guardian ship.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children and who are they going to see?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The children are age 10 and 9. I am under a prohibed steps order however my ex husband has agreed they could in order to start school in September. We have a recommend contact order from caffcass in which we agreed to pay half the children's flights so they can visit once a month and half of school holidays. Since this has happened my ex husband has now cut off our family based agreement of £40 per week maintenance to the csa calculation of £5 per week. I was unaware he was going to do this at the time of the caffcass interview. Therefore our financial situation has changed. I do not work and my husband says he will not contribute towards the flights for the children to visit their father but we are unsure if he is legally required to do so?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Your Husband cannot be forced to pay.

However YOU are bound by the Court Order and will be in Contempt of Court if you fail to do so.

Alternatively the Court could Order the return of the Children to West Sussex.

Please ask if you need further details