Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My ex spouse has just stated that i can not have the

Customer Question

My ex spouse has just stated that i can not have the children this weekend and she is going to apply for supervised visits. What is the legal basis here?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How old are the children?

-Are there any court orders in place, if so what are the terms?

-What have the arrangements been to date and for how long have they been taking place?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
England
Two children (4 & 7)
Agreement in place since December 2014 when she first applied for divorce. Financial settlement certified December 2015.
I see the children 3pm Friday to 6pm Sunday every other weekend and half of all holidays subject to work commitments. My ex has chosen not to work.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. Just a bit more information:

-Is the agreement reflected in a court order?

-Why has she decided to propose supervised contact and suspend the current arrangement?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
to the first point.
She moved away 10 months ago and has refused to share either drop off or collection. I have therefore undertaken the journey of 65 mile round trip (anywhere from 40 mins to 1.5 hrs at rush hour) since January. 10 days ago when I was due to drop the children off I had to use my emergency childcare (two regulated and CRB checked adults, one male and one female in a brand new taxi with DVD player for the kids) for the drop off due to urgent work commitments.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Are you able to attach the court order using the paperclip icon please?

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.