13262538

I have a follow on question to my last enquiry. My late

Good evening,I have a follow on question to my last enquiry.
My late husband's estate has now finally been distributed to me the sole benificary but as there was a potential claim from an ex wife, she didn't follow it through which resulted in the executor/solicitor finally granting my late husband's wishes.
Now just before he did settle the estate he mentioned about taking out Indemnity insurance.
The house has been put in my sole name but i don't quite understand the following sections on the Land Registry register of title form??1 Proprietor MY NAME & FULL ADDRESS ..............................2 The value £££3 THE TRANSFER TO THE PROPRIETOR CONTAINS A CONVENANT TO OBSERVE AND PERFORM THE COVENANTS REFERRED TO IN THE CHARGES REGISTER AND OF INDEMNITY IN RESPECT THEREOF??Could someone please help me with what section 3)
The solicitor/executor hasn't been working in my best interest i feel & i don't comfortable going back to him as he's quite difficult. I asked him for the estate accounts going back 2.5 years since he worked on this case & he can only provide me with accounts from June this year to present but in total has charged me 9k for his services??
I'm glad to see the back of him even though i know he's robbed me.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Have you seen the "Office Copy Entries" relating to the property?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No I only have a scanned email of "official copy of register of title"
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm currently completing form OC1
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
There was a form prior to this that I had to sign & date & get a witness to sign. The solicitor was the transfer or transferre.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

This is a standard part of Conveyancing and refers to matters affecting the property.

These are called Covenants

Covenants are rules which regulate the way land can be used, or impose obligations on the land owner, and are in addition to the rules created by statute, such as planning law. They are usually imposed by the original land owner for the benefit of any adjoining land which he has retained, or else by the developer for the benefit of the remainder of the estate.

You can find them in Part C of the Office Copy entries.

The phrase you are concerned about simply means that you promise to abide by them

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok thank you for your Sharpe response. I thought it was referring to any possible future claims if someone wanted to contest the will even though it's been 2yrs since we went to probate. It's been a long emotional journey & I'm not to sure who the indemnity insurance is fir
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is for, myself of the executor as a form of protection from any future claims??
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

The Indemnity Insurance is an entirely separate matter - nothing to do with this Transfer - but ye sit is about protecting you from any further claims

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you once again Clare for assisting me.