Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am a single mum on a low income, the father of my child

Customer Question

I am a single mum on a low income, the father of my child lives 60 miles away and has a new partner and 6 month old baby, he occasionally returns to our home town to visit his mother. He requests to see our daughter (age 8) on those visits. What concerns me is his state of mind (in the past he has tried to commit suicide and has also been told to stop drinking or it could be fatal, when he does see our daughter he threatens to keep her, he emotionally blackmails her into staying with him and most recently was abusive to my mother when she collected our daughter from his mothers home , where she had stayed with her dad, his new partner and half sister. He had wanted my mother to return her that night which she wouldn't commit to doing because I had asked her not to. I was working that day and had asked my mum to collect her and look after her till I came home. He does not make any financial contribution to our daughter, claims he is not working and has no regular contact with our child. I want to put something in place so I have some control over when he sees her, where he sees her and to stop the abuse I and my family and friends get from him when he doesn't get his own way. I have blocked his number due to the abusive nature of his calls. Where can I get help to get the process started as I dread it each time I know he is coming back and wants to see our daughter.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-Has there been any domestic violence from him towards you in the last 5 years, and what paper evidence is there for this?

-Are there any court orders in place regarding the arrangements for him and your daughter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has hit me in the past in front of our daughter, I have retaliated in self defence , I never reported it to the police. there are no court orders in place regarding the arrangements for him and our daughter I can only just afford to pay my day to day expenses,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want o switch to live call I cannot afford it
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Is there any GP or medical evidence regarding the domestic abuse?