How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2726
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My ex-husband has just found out I have met someone else. He

Customer Question

My ex-husband has just found out I have met someone else. He is sending me barrages of messages insisting I change my surname back to my maiden name, that he doesnt want me having anything to do with him or his name and that he has already sought legal advice on this and is seeing a solicitor next week. What is my position?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. In relation to the change of name, he cannot force you to change it back to change it back to your maiden name and even after divorce you can continue using your current surname if you wish. He would be entitled to seek a divorce if hr can show there has been unreasonable behaviour from you towards him.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 8 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Related Family Law Questions