Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have been married for 21 years and 6 years ago we sold the

Customer Question

I have been married for 21 years and 6 years ago we sold the property in the UK and moved to France, sadly the marriage has broken down and I have decided to leave my husband and am currently staying with family in the UK.
I do need to return to France, and am going back this week end, not to the martial home but staying with friends as he is abusive in his language to me and some times it spills over into mild physical abuse, what I need to know is how I stand legally, the property in France is in joint name as are all bank accounts and investments both in the UK and France.
I don't wisg to go down the divorce rout at this point in time and at the moment he is being reasonable?
So please can you advise
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

What is it that you would like to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a second marriage for both of us and we each have 2 grown up children by our first marriages, but no children by this marriage, I want to put forward a proposal to my husband that he can remain in the home, but will need to support me living else where, he has his own business and I am the only employee and draw a wage for doing the accounts, which I am happy to continue doing, but I need to make it clear to him that I don't want to live with him any longer.
Do I need to have anything legally in writing before I discuss our future with him? And we both nrrd to protect the interests of our children.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much are the assets worth and what income do you each actually have?