Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Can 1 executor of a Will be able to make decisions without

Customer Question

Can 1 executor of a Will be able to make decisions without any other executor knowing about it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If a property is in a name of deceased, but not her married name who is responsible for dealing with the mortgage etc?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about the background please - has probate of the Will been granted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as I know, no. My daughter died July 24th 2016. She married Nov 2015, previous marriage dissolved, as far as I know, all bank accounts, mortgage were in her maiden name. However, since her death, her present husband has paid all the funeral expenses, paid a lump sum payment to her 2 grandchildren, and is now saying her accounts were in the ' red' and he can't pay the mortgages
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry for your loss

When did she make her Will?