13262538

Please can you advise me if my partner has to tell his ex

Customer Question

Hi please can you advise me if my partner has to tell his ex partner his address and children's sleeping arrangements? As she is saying that if he doesn't give information she will stop him from seeing children till he does I'm his new partner after they split up 2 yrs ago the children have met me and feel comfortable with me .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How often do the children spend the night with their father?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They come every other weekend from Friday night and go home Sunday afternoon at 5.30
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Why do you not wish her to know where they are staying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not that we don't want her to know . It was a messy court battle for me to be able to see the children and she has never disclosed where the children were living for the year I didn't get to see them or now for that matter it was leaked out in court where she lives with the kids so I feel she has no right to know the same as I didn't know . Also she's only being like this now because I've met someone and is now using children against me . Which is not fair as it's the children that suffer by not being aloud to see me there father
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Just for clarity - as far as she knows you do not know where the children live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

It is not unreasonable for her to wish to know where the chidlren are staying.

After all when you hear about a disaster it is nice to know that you do not need to panic.

Indeed usually the court would expect a contact parent to confirm where the children will usually stay - and would be lenient when t comes to a breach of the order while matters are being resolved.

However in your case it is unlikely that the court would be sympathetic to her - after all she has not told you so that you have that reassurance.

On that basis I woudl suggest that you email her and confirm that you will indeed give the address - when she tells you where the chidlren are living.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details