13262538

My sister is hiding my fathers will as she is not mentioned

Customer Question

My sister is hiding my fathers will as she is not mentioned on it, what can be done?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 8 months ago.

1. Your father will have made his will with a solicitor, so this solicitor will have a copy of the will. So, you should check with your father's solicitor or whatever solicitor he may have used to make this will as, the solicitor will have a copy of it. So, you should check among all the solicitors your father might have used to make the will. In this way, you will circumvent your sister attempting to hide the will.

2. Please Accept and Rate the answer as unless you do so, your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He definitely did not keep a copy with solicitor as he held will at home. I have already researched this.

3. This is not correct. The solicitor will have kept a copy for his own records. If the solicitor did not keep a copy, it would constitute professional negligence on the part of the solicitor so the solicitor will always keep a copy of his client's will. The client will not have the only copy.

Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years

I shall try and give you some useful advice

I need to know which part of the Uk you are in, and what is the extent of your late father's estate

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Northern Ireland
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

What assets did your father have and who actually prepared the Will?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My father seems to have prepared the will himself, he has multiple assets including a house and savings in multiple accounts. Although he told me that he did have a will with solicitor which is untraceable.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Have you searched the house?

When did your father die?

Who else was aware of the Will?