13262538

My dad and step mum lived in Cyprus and owed a property, my

Customer Question

My dad and step mum lived in Cyprus and owed a property, my dad died 2 years ago and i'm unclear as to whether the will that I have a copy of and am mentioned in, means I am entitled to any of the estate or whether it will all go to my step mum. How do I find this out?
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will add that the property they owned in question, has gone through probate and is in the process of being sold to someone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The will was drawn up on 12th November 2013 and my dad died 6th September 2014.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What does the Will say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,It says: I devise and bequeath all my moveable and immovable property in Cyprus at my death to my wife, xxxx of UK, now of Paphos, Cyprus, but if my said wife predeceases me or does not survive me for a period of thirty days then I devise and bequeath the property which is mentioned in the preset paragraph to my daughter..Then hers says the same. I devise and bequeath all my moveable and immovable property in Cyprus at my death to my husband, xxxx of UK, now of Paphos, Cyprus, but if my said husband predeceases me or does not survive me for a period of thirty days then I devise and bequeath the property which is mentioned in the present paragraph to my husbands daughter..
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Is your step mother still alive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then she receives all the estate since she survived your father by more than 30 days

If her Will remains the same then you will inherit on her death

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything goes to her and I am not entitled to anything from my dad's side of the will?The property is being sold so her will won't stay the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dad was under the impression that the house would be mine on his death, but I guess this isn't the case?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but the Will is Clear - you woudl only have inherited if your step mother had died first.

Of course she may well still leave you something in her Will