13262538

I havent see my 2 children for over a year, i split from my

I havent see my 2 children for over a year, i split from my wife a year ago. i tried to get access to my children then, but now i had a civil meeting with my ex-wife the other weak about seeing the children, shes told me they dont want to see me. but friends of the family have told me my little girl is desperate to see me i dont know what to do?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
5 and 8
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

The law says that children are entitled to a relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.

The chidlren are too young to decide whether or not they have contact - they tend to tell each parent what they want to know - and at the moment they are with their mother and will reflect her views.

You need to arrange to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Appointment with a Family mediator (this is compulsory) if your ex will not attend mediation or mediation fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out what time the chidlren spend with you

The form you need is here

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/c100-eng.pdf

and the fee is £215.

Your relationship with the children will need rebuilding so you will need to start gradually and build up from there

I hope that this id of assistance - please ask if you need further details