Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor
28732269

I am from pakistan and my partner is from india and we both

Customer Question

i am from pakistan and my partner is from india and we both are over stayed and dont know what to do our families are not accepting us because i am muslim and my partner is sikh
Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

What visas did you both hold please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Before we both have student visa
Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Do you consider that there is a genuine possibility that you may both be subject to persecution if you were returned to your home countries?

Tom

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi strongly genuine possibility when its comes to religion
but there is another big problem as a pakistani i cant be settled in the india and same with my partner in my countries
looking for helpfull advise
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
in a simple way we cant be together in any country my partner as a girl she has got serious threath from her family because she is the partner of a pakistani muslim
Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Thanks. I should be able to answer at about 945am..

Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If you have overstayed your visa’s then it would seem the only possibility for you to be able to stay in the United Kingdom would be by way of an Asylum application.

Claiming Asylum is very difficult. In practice only 19 of 100 applications are actually accepted.

In order to claim asylum you must show that you have a well founded fear of persecution because of:-

{C}§ {C}race;

{C}§ {C}religion;

{C}§ {C}nationality;

{C}§ {C}political opinion; or

{C}§ {C}membership of a particular social group.

Therefore, you would have to argue and produce evidence that there is a real possibility that you would both be persecuted were you returned to India or Pakistan by reason of your membership of the social group that is marriage between Muslims and Seeks.

You should start collecting evidence of actual persecution which has been suffered by such persons in India and Pakistan as soon as possible. Once you have collected this evidence I would suggest that you see a solicitor in person for a fixed fee consultation and ask them to give you their opinion on the merits of your potential Asylum application.

If you consider that their opinion is such that there is a reasonable prospect of success in applying then you can instruct them to draft the application for you and proceed on that basis. If you have overstayed I would stress that time is of the essence and I would proceed as quickly as possible.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom