Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I'm 90 years old and I would like my daughter to come and

Customer Question

I'm 90 years old and I would like my daughter to come and look after me, but what happens when I die will she get turned out of the house. The property is joint owned by myself and my late wife
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for your enquiry. Do you not own the whole of the property? Is it a house or flat? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a bungalow and was bought in joint names

Thanks. Normally, the whole of the bungalow would pass to you, upon your late wife's death. Do you know if that is correct? AL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Upon my death the bungalow would be sold and the proceeds would be decided ocording to the terms of the will

Thanks. What does the Will say as to whom should inherit the bungalow? Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be sold and the cash divided between 6 recipients

Well, I am afraid that the Executors/Trustees of the Will would be entitled to ask your Daughter to leave the bungalow if anything were to happen to you. If she wanted to keep the bungalow, she would have to agree with the Executors to buy the bungalow/pay off the other recipients. If she wanted to do this, the required amount of money she needed could be raised by her taking out a Mortgage against the bungalow (if she could afford to do so). I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could leave feedback. Best Wishes Al

Hello, please don't forget to rate my answer, so I may get credited for my time. Thanks Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was very satisfied with replies I got and it was explain in in an understanding way, many thanks

Thanks- if you could formally leave feedback/rate my answer- this website should now ask you if you are satisfied with the answer, and if so, will give you the opportunity of leaving feedback.

All the Best

Al

Hi, can I assist any further? If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer, so I can get credited for my time. Thanks Al

Hi, please don't forget to rate my answer. Thanks Al

Hi, can I assist you any further? Kind Regards Al