How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I require help as to what we require to safeguard my wife

Customer Question

I require help as to what we require to safeguard my wife and myself at the ages of 86 & 85 respectively. We have wills leaving everything to each other and on the second death everything is split between our two daughters aged 56 & 53.
We are non tax payers with an estate of about £350000.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, what exactly do you want to safeguard against? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Al.
We require clarification as to the best way to protect ourselves from being in the invidious position of having the "Court of Protection" take over our lives if one of us is hospitalised. Presently everything is in joint names, house ,bank a/c's direct debits for utilities credit cards etc. What do we have to do to cover this eventuality?