James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I require help as to what we require to safeguard my wife

Customer Question

I require help as to what we require to safeguard my wife and myself at the ages of 86 & 85 respectively. We have wills leaving everything to each other and on the second death everything is split between our two daughters aged 56 & 53.
We are non tax payers with an estate of about £350000.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, what exactly do you want to safeguard against? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Al.
We require clarification as to the best way to protect ourselves from being in the invidious position of having the "Court of Protection" take over our lives if one of us is hospitalised. Presently everything is in joint names, house ,bank a/c's direct debits for utilities credit cards etc. What do we have to do to cover this eventuality?