Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I want to know my ex's legal rights to my children. One of

Customer Question

I want to know my ex's legal rights to my children. One of them is biologically his.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
We recently split up and he found out that I started seeing someone else soon after the split. I have agreed to him having the children weekends And told him that I want to sort it amicably. But he's very angry and hurt and I think he may use the children against me. They are 5 and 2. The older one is not related or adopted by him. We weren't married.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
He has already seen a solicitor and says he has legal rights over the non biological daughter. He doesn't live anywhere nearby and works full time long hours. I have never been under social services and the only police contact was after a domestic dispute last week where I called 101 to report the incident the following day.