13262538

I was made redundant in April of this year, have used my

Customer Question

I was made redundant in April of this year, have used my redundancy pay to keep everything going and am now down to my last 10k. I am actively seeking work but can no longer afford the £900 a month to my ex husband. I can't afford Withers' fees and need to know what I have to do to vary the order until I am back in employment. My ex is being awful and is threatening me with court action if I don't pay.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

I'm sorry. I responded to your question in error. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Many thanks

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Is this Child or Spouse maintenance?

when was the Order made?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is child maintenance for my two children (£450 each), they spend their time split between me and my ex husband but I have more nights than he does. He is a self employed architect and I was working in the City. The Order was put in place in March 2016 when the divorce was finalised. He is pleading poverty but I effectively have no income only the 10k left from my redundancy. I used to earn 220K a year in the City. He's had 45% of my pension and half the equity in the former matrimonial home. What I need to know is how do I ask the court to vary the Order until I am in employment again and how much does it cost? I don't want to break the terms of the Order but I can't pay what I haven't got.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Please stop paying.

You need a Form A available here

http://familymediationltd.co.uk/images/forms/Form_A__April_2014.pdf

The fee is £245.

You are asking for a downward variation and the remission of any arrears that arise as a result of the time the court takes to process the matter

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details