13262538

I have asked you before about this if the paper work is not

Customer Question

I have asked you before about this if the paper work is not in court yet about my grandson and still have an sgo and I change my mind about adoption why would they want to take me too court that would b a waste of time
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question

When you say "change my mind about adoption" what do you mean?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
As you no I have a sgo until social service's take it back to court to b reversed I no they are only preparing the paper work at the moment and I no I said to them about adoption and they said it would b interest of the child as I hurt my back half way through the transition and his mum is a drug addict and won't leave me alone for money and is all ways shouting at me they said that is no good for the child I'm not sure if I've done the right thing agreeing to adoption I fill terribly guilty I no in my mind it's better for him to have a mummy and daddy I'm on my own and someone younger who can play games and running which I can't do I'm 60 but my heart said he should b with me how much time do I have to Chang my mind if I do
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Just to check - he is currently with Foster Carers isnt he?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
he is
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He is sti in foster care
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Then if you change your mind the Local Authority would have to apply for a Care Order and a Placement order

It will then be up to a Judge to decide whether the hcild would still be better off with you - which is possible!