Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My Daughter has a drink and drug problem and in my opinion

Customer Question

My Daughter has a drink and drug problem and in my opinion is not fit to look after her children. In order to get her to admit she needs help, my wife and I plan to take the children away from her and bring them to our house without her consent. What is our Legal position if we do this?
Expert:  Harris replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. You have no legal rights to do this and may be crossing into abduction territory which will be a criminal offence. If you have these concerns them you will need to contact children services who will investigate the concerns.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.