13262538

Please can you tell me? Ive been divorced now for 5 years,

Please can you tell me ?Ive been divorced now for 5 years, and 2 weeks ago I got re married. I do pay my ex wife directly for child support.Now I'm married again can my ex claim more money because i'm married and my new wife has a good job
Expert:  Harris replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Was there a financial settlement as part of your divorce, if so could you attach a copy of the order using the paperclip icon?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we had a financial settlement, and we agreed to pay directly via CSA approvment
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years

There is a simple answer to this

The child maintenance is based only on your income so no there is no claim that can be made on your new wife's income

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Again Clare..Thank you for that!!!
If you can remember I asked you a question last September regarding a court order?Well i'm about to apply to court soon! if possible can you send you the application to read before I submit
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Of course you can - just send it when you are ready and use my name in the question line!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ClareOh I forgot to ask!within the last five years I have spent £1,500 on Solicitors fee's In the application how do I claim my Fees from My Ex?
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

You can't I am afraid

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok not a problem