Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Currently I have a contact order with my son. I am looking

Customer Question

Hi , Currently I have a contact order with my son. I am looking to amend the current order i.e. sharing the driving. Currently I do all the driving every other w/e and I would like to amend the contact order to shared driving, or meeting half way. Also I want to put in place an arrangement whereby if I was taken ill then my ex-wife would arrange to pickup my son.
What it the process involved in changing the contact order? Could I do this myself or would it be better for a solicitor to deal with the application? If so would you be able to advise on cost, and do you think a change to the order would be successful?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How old is the hcild and have you discussed this with your ex?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Clare, My son will be 11 in July. Me & my ex only communicate by email/or text.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Are you aware that the site charges extra for a phone call?

Why did you end up doing all the driving originally?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
At the hearing my ex produced a letter from the Doctor saying she was unable to do any long distance driving, and because of this I was given extra contact time due to the driving I would be doing.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Do you have reason to think that her situation has changed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well considering it's been 6-7 years since we divorced I would like to think that the stressful situations we were in is now over and there is room for negotiation.