Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I bought my house in 2009 on my name and my wife divorced me

I bought my house in 2009 on my name and my wife divorced me in***** Now in 2017 I want to sell the house, I have 2 kids that live with my ex wife one is 15 years old and one is 16 years old. Also my ex wife has remarried now, and she has her own house and she is also a working doctor. So now if I want to sell my house can my wife claim any of it for the kids
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am in Wales (Cardiff )
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. Who petitioned for divorce. If it was her, please confirm if she ticked all the financial relief boxes at the end of the divorce petition?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She did but she didn't calame anything
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Apologies for the delay in responding. In the circumstances, she has now lost her right to claim financial relief as she has remarried.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you