Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Clare; I am a joint owner of a property, which is now

Customer Question

Hi Clare;
I am a joint owner of a property, which is now occupied by my ex partner and two children (never married). I had invested the majority or money and pay the mortgage to date 2010 -2017.
I would like to know what my options are in relation to freeing myself or reducing my debt as paying this mortgage has restricted me to having to return to my parents home and I cannot move forward.
I regularly see the children (every week and from the end of the year they will stay with me half of all holidays).
By the way, there is substantial equity in the house.
Roberto
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question and for asking for me

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

How old are the chidlren

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
House is worth 550k, 280k outstanding.
Children are 7 & 5.Thank yiu
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

How much would a cheaper three bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?

What other assets does your ex have?