13262538

I have been contacted by social services today regarding my

Customer Question

I have been contacted by social services today regarding my ex being involved with someone who has 10 years of domestic violance on his criminal record. They advise me to speak to the police and request information under Sarahs law I have done this and I am awaiting a response. This male is currently in prison and due to be released on the 5th July. She has advised social services she's going to continue the relation on his release. They have put my 2 girls on the at risk register. I have been told that once he is released that at my next contact day I should advise my partner that im not bringing them back and to go to court. This advice was vague and I'm worried it will look bad at court. Could you please advise me on my best coarse of action, there is no way she will let the girls live with me volunterly. I just want my girls out of harms way and I dont know what to do.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the chidlren and what is the current contact pattern?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They are 5 and 3 I see them every 2 weeks usually from 6pm friday till 6 pm sunday. But on scholl holidays u extended my weekend to 6pm Friday till 6pm tuesday
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Typos : school* and I*
Expert:  Clare replied 8 days ago.

When is the next Child Protection Conference?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Actually the first 1 is in 1 months time they havnt been put on the register they are deciding if they should be put on the register. I can't remember what social services called this stage if action. The meeting is at the school of my oldest and they are going to vote on the decision
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The male involved is in prison and is due for release on the 5th of July. My ex has confirmed she will continue this relationship on his release
Expert:  Clare replied 8 days ago.

Is the first one prior to his release?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it is
Expert:  Clare replied 8 days ago.

Then that is when you make the decision.

By then you will have the necessary details AND have had the chance to hear whether or not she will indeed carry on with the relationship no matter what.

After that meeting you can prepare an application for a Child arrangement Order stating that the children live with you and spend time with her in the safety of a Child Contact Centre

This will be an urgent application meaning that mediation will not be necessary - and you can then issue it the day you collect the children so that there is no accusation f abduction.

The form you need is a C100 and the fee is £215

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That is excellent thank you. I have 2 questions.
Because this is a child protection issue will I be able to get legal aid for the £215 fee or should I have £215 in cash when i submit the form?When is the best time to submit the form? Upon his release at the first available contact day or at the first contact day after the meeting. Assuming they are put on the register.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'd like to retract my refund as well you have been extremely helpfull