Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Can I have a free half hour with another Solicitor when I

Customer Question

Can I have a free half hour with another Solicitor when I already have one acting for me? Current Solicitor is very slow but is currently dealing with some things.
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the issue with what the solicitor is doing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Clare. You have helped us before! The issue is responding to a letter received from Child's Mum's Solicitor with various accusations from child's Mum. We had a Solicitor acting for us for a court hearing last year, and went to her to respond to the letter, but she has been unavailable a lot and the situation was getting tense after 3 weeks. She has now written a letter in response, pointing out that the Judge, Cafcass and Social services have all said no issues and it is harrassment. Meanwhile we had made an appointment for a free half hour with another Solicitor. But as a letter has now been sent, our current Solicitor is acting for us. We want to still go to see the other Solicitor as it seems our current Solicitor is away a lot and dealing with someone else's cases as well due to illness, and is rarely available. We think it might end up in court and would need someone who was available, and would also like another opinion on what we can do as we have had two solid months of harrassment, nasty messages, and upset for child.