danj66
danj66,
76048485

I holld a British & Egyptian Passports, however i got

Hi, i holld a British & Egyptian Passports, however i got married in Egypt from Moroccan lady 2 years ago...our marriage is registered in Egypt only.
Can you please advice me what do i need to do in order to get our marriage certificate registered in the uK too please. as i hold a British passport too.
please forgive me if my question is not related to your kind services.
Hassan.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
forgot to say that i am in Egypt at the moment and do i have to travel to uk in order to this,,,,,if yes where please and what is the cost.
finally the right place.
Expert:  danj66 replied 3 months ago.

Hi Hassan,

It is not possible to register a marriage in the UK that took place abroad, however, it is possible to get your marriage documents certified for the UK which should allow them to be used as valid documents in the UK.

To get your marriage documents certified for the UK you must visit the British Embassy in Egypt. The information and address for this embassy are here:

British Embassy in Cairo, Egypt

7 Ahmed Rageb Street
Garden City, Cairo
Egypt
City: Cairo

• Phone: (02) 27916000
  • Fax: (02) 2791 6130
  • Email: consular*****@******.***
  • Office Hours: Sun until Wed 8:00 am until 3:30 pm and Thurs 8:00 am until 2:00 pm

When you visit the embassy you will need a copy of your marriage documentation. You will then have to pay for the documentation to be certified, if the documentation is in Egyptian you will also have to pay to have the documentation translated into English.

The fees for this process can differ, so you will want to contact the embassy beforehand to find out what the actual costs of this are.

Hope this helps Hassan, wishing you all the best.

Dan

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dear *****. Thank you very much for your reply but unfortunately I forgot to mention that I have already Been in content with the British embassy in cairo and they've told me that it's not possible to register any type of documents at the embassy any more ie marriage certificates or birth certificates and so on. and all done via registration offices in Uk.
That's why I am writing to you in the first place to confirm and provide me with more information with regards ***** ***** matter.Regards *****