Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I don't know where to start I have just separated from my

Customer Question

I don't know where to start I have just separated from my husband. He moved out for a few days but has now come home and has set up home in out sitting room.
I cannot face the thought of having him live u set the same roof as us while we sort out our divorce.
We have 3 children aged 15,13 and 10. We have a huge mortgage and would probably only have about 90k to be split between us after we sold the house if we went down that road.
Money is very tight and I want to divorce him in the grounds of financial abuse. He took a bank loan out in both our names without my consent and I don't know how it was granted but it was. I know I want a divorce but I don't want to spend lots of money that I could be using in the kids future.
We have been married 16 years
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

what other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?

How much would a cheaper three bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Clare
The house is worth4-425k with 310 left on the mortgage. My husbands pay is 4245 per month mine is about 1500
We have 2 cars that r paid for. I believe my husband has about 4K in a separate bank account but we don't have any other assets apart from pensions that we r too
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
young to access.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 months ago.