Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I jointly own a property with my ex partner. He has been

Customer Question

I jointly own a property with my ex partner. He has been residing in it since we split and I am renting elsewhere. As it was in negative equity when we split we agreed he'd stay there & pay the mortgage until such time there was equity in the property, when he would buy me out. I know it is now in positive equity and I have been asking him for some months now to remortgage and buy me out, he always says he will but never gets round to it. What can I do to make this happen?
Expert:  Harris replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are married?

Please also confirm if there are any deeds of trust or formal agreements between you?

Expert:  Harris replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.