ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My partner and I have now lived together for 2 years and

Customer Question

My partner and I have now lived together for 2 years and have a house worth £530,000 with an outstanding mortgage of about £350,000 we share the mortgage payments each month which amount £900 each. I am 56 years old divorced male and have a clear break financial agreement ( my children are 16 , 23 and 25 years old ....I pay £500 per month to my ex- wife for my 16 year old daughter ).My partner is 41 years old divorced with NO agreement on her financials but looking to start proceedings soon through the courts as the sale proceeds of a joint house with her ex- ( £42,000 ) still remain with the selling solicitor as her ex- will not agree to sharing the £42,000 50/50.My partner earns £150,000 as a consultant in a private hospital and her ex- earns £80,000 as a consultant in the NHS. My partner looks after the 2 children from the marriage but the ex has remarried and has to babies from his new marriage. Can the ex- husband make a claim on me as I am asset rich but income poor?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I can confirm that your new partner's ex has no claim at in respect of your income or your assets.

That being said, anything that you own jointly will have to be disclosed as part of the disclosure process and the fact that your partner's housing needs as being met by living together with you will come into play when deciding the asset division in respect of the matrimonial assets of the marriage with her ex.

Caroline

Please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today

I note that this question remains unrated - Please do kindly remember to star rate. When you star rate your question remains open and I can answer your follow up questions for free.