13262538

I've separated from my husband is January this year. I have

Customer Question

Hello. I've separated from my husband is January this year. I have decided to seek legal advice due to his constant harassment toward me and his lack of responsibility to his children. I have 3 children, a 5,6 and 2 year old. My eldest an youngest are both currently undergoing assessment for Autism diagnosis. Life with my eldest son I'd extremely draining on a daily basis. Their father dose not help with there care apart from the 4.5 hours a week and 2 overnight stay a month when he has them. I need help I just don't know where to start.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to know also what my chances are of legal aid as without this I won't be able to do anything.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What are my options in regards ***** ***** times and dates for dad to have accesses to the children so that we both take an even share. At the moment dad has them very little so he dose all the fun stuff while I'm left doing all the hard work.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cannot compromise with him, for the sake of my children and me I feel taking legal action will give everyone consistency, especially the kids.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you have any advice for me?
Expert:  Clare replied 30 days ago.

Do you mean can you force him to have the children more often?

Does he pay maintenance for the children

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
It's not about forcing the children on him, it's more about his responsibilities as their father.
Expert:  Clare replied 30 days ago.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 30 days ago.

Then sadly - assuming that he is paying at the correct rate - that is all that is required of him.

I agree that this is not sufficient - but unless he is willing step up and do his fair share he cannot be force to do so.

You can certainly try and discuss matters with him using Family mediation to see if you can make him realise that it woudl be good for the chidlren - and form him - if they spent more time with him - but if he does not agree then there is no other action you can take.

I am so very sorry

Please ask if you need further details