Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband passed away in 2012 having left a will dated

Customer Question

My husband passed away in 2012 having left a will dated 1998. In the will there appears to be a discretionary fund held by trustees/executors to be distributed to the beneficiaries on a distribution day. The beneficiaries seem to be myself and/or my three children.
This is just the basic outine. I have 13/4 pages of A4 of it which in truth I do not understand at all. I need to get the matter resolved as I have applied to release some equity on my house and until this is resolved I cannot proceed any further. I wonder if you can help in any way.
Jane Jennings
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

has Probate of the Will been granted?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
in 2014
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Ok

What exactly does the Will say should happen to the house?

Was it owned in joint names?