13262538

My girlfriend of 5.5 years owns her own house, she borrowed

My girlfriend of 5.5 years owns her own house, she borrowed money off me to do it up only 3k plus I've been made buy stuff for house, settee, washing machines plus building materials, gardening stuff plus doing all maintenance on the home. I m paying £750 a month plus TV costs of 100 plus extra costs which must be around 1500 in total a month maybe more.
I thought we were building a future, and I would never take what's not mine but she has a mortgage of 180000 on the house and with all that I am paying I thought a fair deal would be a spilt of 180000 when it's paid off plus any appreciation in value would be fair. I know it's not going to cover what I'm paying her but it's something I'd get back and could pass it on if I wanted too how I saw fit but she is defensive and says no. she treats me like a tennant but than asks why I haven't poped the question. The thing is I can't ask it would make me entitled to something she not willing to give fairly. After I row she has said she has been to solicitors and I have no entitlement to even be in the house. I'm a nothing she says. I feel raped by this women do I have any rights ? I can walk with nothing but I've in incured nearly £ 20000 of debt that I'm paying off I can't stand that after everything I've done I get nothing no appreciation but I'll be paying off debt for 5 years while she moves on, what can I do?
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the going rent for a property such as this in your area?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A room is on average is £500 all bills included plus most have free wifi plus shared facilities, lounge,kitchen
Thing is we are in a double room and naturally she sleeps with me, in theory for free
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not now she is still here , tomorrow around 3
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is happening? Any extra please message don't call
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

My apologies for the delay - and what I means what would the going rent for a house like that

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
About £1850-1950
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Ok

Does she accept that the £3000 needs to be repaid in any event

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, we are not talking about splitting up yet it's just in a row she uses, it's my house and she doesn't acknowledge my contributions. I think she is unfair. I want to know what is the legal standing for my situation?
Common law husband or what ever. It's more to get her to realise what she is doing.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

I am afraid that since you are not married and since the amount you are paying her is intact under half what the rental on a similar property would be then you are not at present acquiring and rights in the property.

Clearly you are entitled to the return of the money that you lent her - and the items that you purchased belong to you.

If you have done any structural improvements to the property then you may have a small claim on any proceeds of sale - but sadly you do not in fact have any right to remain in the property so long as she gives you "reasonable written notice to leave."

I am sorry not to give you better news - if you need any further details then please ask