13262538

My husband own 3 properties out right. I own 1 property with

Customer Question

My husband own 3 properties out right. I own 1 property with mortgage. We married for 3 years now If we divorce do I entitle any of his asset ?My property was bought with my son jointly owned. Later my son's job moved to China and he is no longer be able to get mortgage in UK. I had to remove his name in order to remortgage. If I put my son's name back on now before my husband divorce me, will my property be considered as joined owned in divorce proceeding in court?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your quetsion

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

A three year relationship when you have your own property is not going to entitle you to a particularly large share of the matrimonial home and certainly not a share of other assets.

Changing the names on the house you own will not change the situation at all.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What if I ask my husband add my name on the property and car, do I entitle half of the property and the car?What if I have a deeds of trust on my owned property stating that the property is jointly owned with my son and his share is 99%? Do I entitle more of my husband's asset?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Clare, Could you please check my attached HR1 form?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

There is no action that you can take that will change the financial outcome of a divorce - other than remain married for many more years