Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner has a notice of proceedings for his divorce

Customer Question

My partner has a notice of proceedings for his divorce petition.
On page 8 under financial order all the boxes have a 'c'mon noted - for an order for maintenance pending suit/outcome, periodical payments order, secured provision order, lump sum order, property adjustment order and finally under section 24b etc which appears to be pending.
My partner lives on benefits, has no pension/savings with only their home as property.
What does all of the above mean? Does he have to sign it?
Expert:  Harris replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. It is standard practice for a petitioner to tick all the boxes on the final page in relation to financial relief - this does not mean they are seeking anything but that it leaves their option open to pursue an application in the future.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. You will not be charged for providing a rating.