Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My soon to be x husband claimed that he had been given land

My soon to be x husband claimed that he had been given land by his mother. He is having difficulty finding the deeds to this land. How can I find out as this land is a his only asset and ewe are getting divorced.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm - is the land registered with the land registry?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No they haven't got an address. simon has checked and the last will is from 1988. He is saying it is useless trying to find it. I think that is untrue. Historically he is slack with paperwork.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. If he absolutely cannot find the deeds then he will need to apply to the land registry to register the land. He will need to provide them with a plan and reason why he does not have the deeds and other information for them to register the land.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** this is in addition to not instead of the above.

Assuming his mother is dead you can trace the details by obtaining a copy of the Will using the service here

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. You will not be charged for providing a rating.

Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters