Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Pear, with Stage 5 Cancer, I have had a Mastecotomy &

Customer Question

Pear, I am Terminally Ill with Stage 5 Cancer, I have had a Mastecotomy & Colostomy, which means I have a Stoma bag that needs constantly changing. I found this house in February 2017, a 2 bedroom, downstairs bathroom to suit my needs. I eventually moved in with him in April 2017 afetr being released from hospital. We had Housing Benefit & DHP in our previous house, but that was not renewed until May 2017, with no DHP. Our Landlord started harassing us for this month's due on 4th July on Monday June 26th.the rent is now one day overdue as this is the first date ousing after 26th June could give my husband an appointment. How do we get the Housing & DHP backdated to Feb, today? We get £87.43, when it should be £143.90Can the Landlord harass us like this, & when can he first take action? Benefits are slow to pay. He refuses direct payment from The Benefits Agency, which I would much prefer. The full rent is £550 per calendar month. The appointment is this afternoon, so we need help urgently. 01642 783153 or 07840 700 655
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Eaglescliffe, Stockton-on-Tees, Stockton Borough Council, but our Landlord is part of a national property developers.
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Reported yes, to SBC, hence the appointment today, but there is no current legal action
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that we paid this Landlord 5 moths in advance & request for repairs to the property, such as internal doors have been used as outside doors, so require changing (Mr Bradley was a a Carpenter of 45yrs before he became my Carer). Requests for the drains downstairs in the bathroom to be flushed have been ignored, and with a Stoma that has to be a hygienic room.Refusals were made to Social Services for Adaptations e.g. Handles on the front & back door, rams for my electric chair to get in & out of the property, so I am a virtual prisoner, have alo been refused.
Expert:  Oleksandr-Mod replied 20 days ago.
Oleksandr
Expert:  Oleksandr-Mod replied 19 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandr
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
where is the answer to my question. I would like to see it on this screen as emails are too big for my phone
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have been told by discretionary housing the house is not affordable with an income of £1840 per month via benefits to pay for extra help. I spoke with Regina Harrington SBC on 01642 393939
Expert:  Clare replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long is your tenancy for?