13262538

I have recently split from an sbusive relationship I'm

Customer Question

I have recently split from an sbusive relationship I'm worried my 2 year old is going to be alone with her father as he is asking to see her ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

In what way is he a risk to the child?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He has two other children from a past relationship I have witnessed on numerous occasions him grabbing his lad by the throat & calling him "f**king scum bag" this child now tries to cancel his visits to see his dad - my daughter was present at one of them.
He has also smashed my house up whilst myself & my daughter were present - I called the police to remove him - I have had 4 years of abuse from him & it worries me he does not have my daughters interests or safety at heart,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

How old are the other children?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Joshua is 8 and Lewis now 15
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Does the 15 year old see his father?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they have an arrangement of every other weekend Friday to Sunday - I have no arrangement in place with my daughter as he refuses to make one so I'm worried he will have all 3 together plus he has no cot or stair gates to his flat
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Sorry - I thought you said the 8 year old didn't go?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They both go but the 15 year old over the past few months has asked his mum does he have to go so some weekends only the 8 year old goes
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Has he ever hurt your daughter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No but I've had my suspicions as she had a bruise on her ear whilst with him, he first said he had no idea how it happened then when I called dr he said she fell but he was outside having a cigarette so didn't see it just heard her scream - he has punched myself twice once knocking me unconscious & used to punch me on my arms
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pinch
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello? I need advice please I've paid £31 for this???
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

My apologies for the delay - I missed your reply

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary

Obviously if there is what is called a "safeguarding issue" involved - where the safety of the child is in question - then contact may be limited to a local Contact Centre

www.naccc.org.uk

You are facing a problem insofar as he already has contact with his older children and the fact that he has been abusive to you does not necessarily mean that he will not be allowed to have the child at his home.

However as a starting point offer contact at a local Contact Centre - and say that you will discuss progressing contact using Family Mediation

www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details