F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

If he doesn't have a copy and I don't have a copy and the

Customer Question

if he doesn't have a copy and I don't have a copy and the solicitor no longer exists, Do I need to do anything? will it be recorded against the deeds at all?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 4 months ago.

It may be recorded against the deeds as a restriction. You can get the deeds from the land registry here. They only cost 3 pounds.

https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_SjzS0tDQwMTIxMjLXj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0c6McFQH3SLFU/

there is no central register of deeds like this and if it isn’t on the land registry is a restriction or any other way, and no one has a copy, there is no way of anyone proving what was or what was not in the trust or even that it existed.

Of course, I cannot tell you to lie about that but I’m sure you get my meaning.