Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My parents had lived with me and my husband for nearly 20

Customer Question

My parents had lived with me and my husband for nearly 20 years. In November my mum died, my dad stayed with us. Unknown to me and my husband mum and dad put a POA in place nearly 10 yrs before hand. 2 months ago my sister inforced it against one of my sisters, she had taken money from my father. My father became ill , I had two doctors confirm he was fine. My sister came down and took him for a couple of days. Two days later he is in hospital with numonia. She is blaming me for nearly killing him. Since then no contact and he is now out of hospital and I think she is planning on putting him in a home. When mum and dad moved in with us I always promised to care for them untill they died. We had a legal agreement drawn up, but after 6 yrs is has been destroyed. I have let them both down , but the power has gone to her head and she has got my other 2 sisters now involved. Please can you advise me on anything I can do. My father has memory problems which was diagnosed in February.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Mum and dad did there wills last August naming my Husband as Executors of the will. This was before any memory diagnosis. Will the will be valid now, and also I have been informed he has done another will, surely that can not be used now as he is not copusmentus. He is being brain washed by my other sister. Please advise asap.
Expert:  Oleksandr-Mod replied 5 months ago.
Oleksandr
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Has your sister actually Registered the Power of Attorney?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she has, but we are doubting as to if she has power over his health.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Have you checked with the Court of Protection?