13262538

I have moved recently to uk and have no job as yet im

Customer Question

Hi i have moved recently to uk and have no job as yet im staying with my 2 children and wife . what are the benefits i can claim from the government , kindly advice on that and how much will i get in total from all benefits and how long does it takes to process the same and what are the procedures to have them.
Expert:  Clare replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What nationality are you?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Im sorry for not providing you the correct information . i am a British national with 2 children who are also british and with a pakistani wife who has moved to UK on a settlment visa.
Expert:  Clare replied 13 days ago.

You are unlikely to be eligible for any benefits until you have been here for at least three months.

You are however able to apply for Child Benefit immediately

After three months you can apply for Child Tax Credits, Housing Benefit and Income support.

You can check the specifics here

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/startcalc.aspx

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi Claire thanks for the info , sorry for coming back late as i had met with an accident and was unwell to respond.
i understand that i can claim this after 3 months , at the moment my wife and my children are in the uk and im winding my work out of England . i have a National insurance no , so what i understood from u is that i can claim child benefits immediately and the rest after 3months ..what is child tax credit and income support , kindly advice on that and i have two boys 7 and 12 how much will i be entitled to in terms of benefits taking into consideration all the benefits?