Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My son is sole mortgage holder, but flat is in joint names;

Customer Question

My son is sole mortgage holder, but flat is in joint names; can he sell or force sale. He,s not living there, no family/children involved
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Whose the other joint holder of the property?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is his ex girlfriend
Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately as they are joint owners he requires her consent to sell - if she does not consent then he can force a sale through the courts using form N1 and a £355 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. You will not be charged for providing a rating.