Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband and I are about to divorce. He wants a consent

Customer Question

My husband and I are about to divorce. He wants a consent order that says once the kids grow up i sign my 25% share of his company back over. Do I need to make a claim on his workplace pension for the sake of my kids or is it just advisable?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the value of the assets and how are they being shared between you

What income do you each have?

How old are the children?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The house would likely sell for 320-330k but our mortgage is 260kHe has verbally agreed to pay for house and bills for the kids sake until I get a serious partner then he will only pay child maintenance.I am on my husbands work books for tax reasons but he only gives me£500 a month and our joint salaries are about 90kMy kids are 4 and 8Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any income that is not from his business?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

What will happen to the sale proceeds if the house is sold?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The house will no be sold as there isn't enough equity in to split and buy elsewhere. Otherwise it'd be 50/50