Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am separated from my son's father due to his emotional

Customer Question

I am separated from my son's father due to his emotional abuse towards me.
Ive tried being flexible with him in seeing our son but he has no consideration for me or gives me notice on what time he will be seeing our son and expects to be sitting in waiting for him.
I've got to the stage where i would like to arrange access, will i need to go through mediation first and if so, do i need to see a solicitor first?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is your son and what pattern of contact have you offered?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Clare,
My son is 16 months old and as i am currently working part time i have said that he can spend whatever time he would like at the weekends with a couple of days notice of what time this will be and for how long. Each week i have to chase him and the majority of the time he doesnt show up when he says he will or will send me a message when he is supposed to be arriving saying he is going to be late
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

If you were to have a more structured arrangements what would it look like?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
To have set times and days that he sees his son
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Have you worked out what the pattern could be?