Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have been separated from my wife for nearly ten years,not

Customer Question

I have been separated from my wife for nearly ten years,not legally. She would not divorce. I now have information that she is suffering from vascular dementia quite badly and needs care home assistance. We have a house joint and clear of mortgage. I know that she is entitled to her half of the house but will I be responsible for her debts if any. I believe that she has nominated a good neighbour as next of kin,where does she stand the (neighbour)? No children involved.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. The neighbour will not have a claim on assets, and as you are divorced if there is no will in place then you will inherit her estate. If you were to now seek a divorce, there will need to be a division of assets between you and the neighbour again will have no involvement in this process.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. You will not be charged for providing a rating.