13262538

We are a same sex couple (female) looking into home

Customer Question

We are a same sex couple (female) looking into home insemination. We are not married but live together and are engaged. We are planning on ordering sperm for home insemination on the Cryos website (HFEA approved sperm bank in Denmark) and the sperm donator is anonymous and will have 0 contact with us or the child as the laws there are different to here. What we want to know is if We used home insemination with anonymous donor sperm, who will be the legal parents of the baby if the donor is anonymous? Can both of us (me and my female partner) be on the birth certificate or do we have to be married? Is there any way I could get my partner on the birth certificate if she's not already going to be on it? Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Since you are not using a UK clinic only the biological mother will be named on the Birth certificate UNLESS you are married to each other

You can read more here

http://www.nataliegambleassociates.co.uk/knowledge-centre/parenthood-after-donor-conception-lesbian-non-birth-mothers

I am afraid only marriage will get her name on the Birth Certificate

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details