Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Mt husband us verbally abysuve to me when I cross him.

mt husband us verbally abysuve to me when I cross him . Reasons range from disagreements about his family. I make a valid comment or observation then he goes on a rampage . I never try to further on the discussion anymore for fear that his shoutings can influence our 16 yr mid son who is another room. I have always taken this in silence and I want out. Pls help .
Expert:  Harris replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Firstly, if you feel at immediate risk of harm you should call the police for help. Thereafter you can consider applying for a non-molestation order (an injunction) to protect you from further abuse - this can be done using form FL401 to your local family court.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The situation is volatile. He does not reason out and through the years got used to my silence and tears. I can not even voice out as he claims I am being unreasonable. I have no voice and world like to seek next steps in a peace ful manner and yet with a legal or professional intervention.The problem is he makes it look like the next day is another normal day as if nothing happened and he was never wrong How can I make him see things right ? If I bring any topic for discussion, he just gets irritated and the volume of his shouts embarrass me as I am sure everyone in the building knows our troubles. I feel ashamed of my self for not knowing how to soeak up and 22 years is really a living hell. What are the forward steps for me pls?