13262538

My wife are seperated at the moment for the last 4 months.

My wife are seperated at the moment for the last 4 months. Where do I stand legally if my in laws have attended the address and changed the locks without informing me and can I prosecute them. Our marital home is jointly owed where I pay the full mortgage along with the majority of the bills.
Am I entitled to leave in the address until the house gets sold?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Your wife has no right to change the locks - or ask her parents to do it.

You are entitled to a key - or to break in if necessary (unless your ex is in the house at the time)

You are entitled to live in the house unless there has been a court order dealing with the occupation of the property

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Clare thanks for you answer. Can I prosecute the in laws?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 months ago.

No I am afraid not what they did is not criminal and the police would not be interested