Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am about to separate with my husband of 4 years and would

Customer Question

Hi, I am about to separate with my husband of 4 years and would like to know what my legal rights are in regards ***** *****We have a family home, that I am not on the mortgage of. Value £800000, equity that my husband put in independently was £250,000 which we always agreed was his should we spilt. The property was purchased as we got together I moved in after 6 months. so apart from the first 6 months and the equity I have paid towards the house, improvements, decoration etc. In addition as my husband put the equity in, I have funded a life style of luxury goods/holidays and wedding honeymoon etc
I also owned a property prior to meeting him. We kept the property and agreed that my equity of £75,000 should be protected. I always wanted to sell the flat, to buy a larder property as security for my daughter and I but the agreement was to have the life style and invest in the family home ad I trusted that.
We both earn high salaries, my self approx. £100k and He is a director of a company and earns around £70k plus dividends.
In addition he owns the company building value of around £800k.My husband is saying that as I am not on the mortgage I am not entitled to anything and I need to know prior to walking out if this is true.Although not on the mortgage I have always paid half and
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask:

- how long were you together before you got married?

- how old is your daughter? is she a child of both of yours?

- any other assets including pensions?

kind regards

Caroline