Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have recently remarried and my new husband's ex wife has

I have recently remarried and my new husband's ex wife has yet to signed the clean break. I would like to ensure she is not able to come after my estate. Specially if I would to die. I would like my estate to pass on to my son and leave a sum to my husband.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. Yes, I live in London.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. You do not need to be anxious about this as his wife has no right to claim against any of your assets or property or estate. If you own assets jointly with your husband then only his share will be taken into account when negotiating the finances.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you