Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have been married for two years. I own a home with no

Customer Question

I have been married for two years. I own a home with no mortgage in my name. My wife put no money into the purchase of the house and hasn't paid for any renovation. My wife wants a divorce. How can I protect my home and stop her claiming against it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did you live together prior to your marriage - if so for how long?

Are there any children involved?

Where was your wife living prior to the marriage?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Clare.We rented accommodation together elsewhere for roughly six years.My dad bought a house with his money in my name.We lived together for a year in this house. Got married. She moved out for around 4 months in the second year. She then lived with me for a further year.There are no children involved.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What options would I have to protect it? Move it into a parents name before she starts proceedings?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry house was bought in my name with my money which was ultimately girtwd to me by my dad around 8 years ago